Monday, September 10, 2012

The biopsy..................

Hi everyone! I know it's been a while since I've posted, but a lot has been going on, so I have decided to blog about it. I'm praying that my faith in God and writing about my journey will help me through this as well as maybe helping others.

This is the first time in my life that I have not had insurance. My husband has always carried the insurance until he became disabled thirteen years ago. After that I've had to take on the responsibility. Well, I became sick and took some time off from the hospital. While I was home re cooperating, my grandfather became ill and was put into the hospital in Georgia. I came to visit and found out he had stage four cancer.........First blow. This was the end of January last year, by April he was gone.............Second blow. This was the man that raised me as his own. I was devastated.

This past January, I started getting a rash under my left breast that wouldn't go away. I went to this clinic that I've been going to for those who do not have insurance, so it goes by your income. Well, anyway I had to be put on a waiting list because of funding.

Meanwhile my sister in North Carolina found a lump in her right breast and all tests, second opinions and a biopsy, showed she needed a lumpectomy because it was cancer.............Third blow. I'm corresponding with her and making plans to help her through this. Two weeks before I plan to go for a few days to help her, I was called to come and have my mammogram done, so I did. Two days before I plan to leave to be with my sister, I get a phone call asking me to come back in for an ultrasound because something looked suspicious. Needless to say I made the appointment for the following week, after returning from my sister's.

I went to the appointment  for the ultrasound. After the ultrasound they also wanted another mammogram, then they asked me to go get some lunch and come back for an MRI.....................I was floored!

Last week they called me back for a biopsy...............fourth blow.Now I'm waiting to hear what the biopsy showed.

I'm not going to say, " I'm not scared" because I am. But I do know God will take care of me. I just need His strength and love that only He can provide.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope my journey will help you too! Hugs Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment